Five Innovative Ways Timers can Make Life at home easier


time

When we think of home management tools we often think of things such as to-lists, meal plans, calendars, and goal planners.

Timers should be in this list, as I think.

Time is a valuable and very limited resource and timers are a great way to use our time well as home manager. They can help make parenting simpler.

Here are a few ways including the letter timer live to our home management arsenal could make our homes run more smoothly and make life a bit easier.

1. Self-care

This is the reason I am putting it as #1. It was a big improvement when I first started. Like many women, moms especially I find it difficult to squeeze self-care into my demanding schedule and set aside the time for me. To make sure I got enough'me time in the day, I made the idea of a timer. It's usually interrupted, but it's better than none!

Begin with whatever amount of time you can fit into your schedule and follow the path that takes care of your soul. You're worth the time.

2. Cleaning

While at a cafe I told the story of how I was working on an article to three of my acquaintances. It quickly became apparent that there exist two types of cleaners. People who clean until everything is clean and those who will take on the dirty work. We split into two halves.

If you're in the first group, create an alarm timer countdown and tidy up as if you were a madwoman until it beeps. Then stop. Even if you have to clean the floor or if there is laundry lying on the couch. You can either do something you enjoy or go on to other things. You may set a new timer for later, but for now leave the mess alone and move along.

If you are in the second camp start the timer and clean like a madwoman until it chirps. There is no stopping, there is no doing any other thing, and no dragging your feet. Make sure your home is clean all the time. Although cleanliness may not be the top priority but you will be grateful for having a tidy and organized home.

3. WAHMs can set work limits/boundaries

A timer is an effective tool for stay-at-home moms. We work harder when we are restricted in our time and are more focused because we don't want to work to go unfinished after we had sufficient time. When we notice that the clock ticking, we tend to kick our feet into gear.

Since we're at home it's difficult to concentrate while there are children in the house and we are able to be distracted by all the other tasks that must be done. However, if we set a reasonable limit on finishing our work, we can inform everything else that we will finish it when the clock goes off but for now I'm working.

Setting a timer also lets our children know that we will be back and that we're just in need of some time right now. It's easier for them to remain calm and enjoy themselves when mommy's going to be back in the near future.

4. Get to bed at the right time

Sometimes, at the end an extended day, I just want to fall asleep. However, I do need to sleep.

Enter the go-to-bed alarm. The alarm will go off and you'll be ready to go to bed. No watching one more episode on Netflix, no more doing a project, no more putting off getting ready for bed. Simply go to bed.

Beth's Go to Bed Challenge inspired this idea. Getting to bed in the correct time is vital and setting an alarm can assist you in getting the sleep you're looking for.

5. It is possible to reach places in the correct time

I am more involved in the lives of my children as they get older. This means I need to be a bit more disciplined to keep my children on schedule.

So I set an alarm clock to be set to go off at the time we have to get ready to leave. Sometimes , it takes us 5 minutes to get ready. Sometimes, it takes us twenty minutes to collect all the required items.

If I set an alarm I don't need to look at the time because a sound will tell me it was time to leave. Now I am on time more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are The Eight Steps To Decision Making?

What Should You Look For When Buying A Used Car

Factors To Consider When Choosing Instagram Followers